Monday, 23 February 2015

Fashion context

My work so far has taken a very experimental approach to media, and now I have to begin to refine it in certain ways, so that it fits in with the fashion accessories context which I see it moving towards. The free form style of the work would lend itself to a headwear piece, however I need to refine my colour scheme and yarn choice in order for it to be more wearable. The style of free form crochet which I have been using, needs to be done using a more refined colour palette in order for it to look modern. I have been pinning samples to my mannequin head, which has been a very helpful tool for idea generation. 
I have also been considering how I can incorporate my plaster of Paris experiments into my swatches and my idea was to create smaller, more delicate 'beads', using beer bottle lids with crochet trapped inside. Creating multiples of these will allow me to layer them up and create interesting variations in weight. 














No comments:

Post a Comment