Monday, 16 February 2015

Bradford

The Bradford 'combined processes' brief places an emphasis on an experimental approach, which combines different processes. I decided to use a monochromatic colour palette, in which the focus was solely on the different materials and textures I was creating. When planning my sample, I now had extensive experience of the capabilities and limitations of using latex. I decided to combine the processes of knit and crochet, using latex to link the two, as opposed to crocheting off the knit as I had done in self initiated brief. The copper wire reacted unexpectedly to the latex, rusting and dying the latex a burnt umber colour. Although this was not planned, I like the effect of this created and Think I could push this further by crocheting small shapes of crochet and placing them in different parts of the latex to create an interesting pattern of discolouration.I think the contrast between the uniformity of the copper wire knit, and black crochet with the organic more random shape of the latex is effective. The deadline for the Bradford submission is the 9th March, and I will be submitting a version of the piece below. I would like to experiment further creating layers in the piece, perhaps connecting a different stitch of crochet with another layer of latex. 

                         



No comments:

Post a Comment