Jessica has been developing a series of latex flowers, which have a delicacy to them, which I have incorporated into my knits and fashion designs. While we create samples we are trying to think of how they link in with our muse and narrative. Keith, for example, is the sort of character who would painstakingly create these delicate latex flowers at home to wear when he left the house. I have also developed a sample which evokes the idea of laboratory test tubes. I have trapped blue liquid within silicone tubing which is also trapped in knitted monofilament, creating a stiff translucent material with highlights of colour. I have been working almost exclusively on the dubied knitting machine, which has resulted in samples which have a very linear aesthetic. This is effective in some areas, however I need to combine it with fair isle knitted on the domestic for example to break up certain areas and add variety.

No comments:
Post a Comment