Following on from my tutorial with tom and sam, i have spent time to source materials from a variety of places in order to realise the ideas and textures discussed. A pet shop in Lilithgow, provided inspiration in the form of knotted toys and for materials, where i purchased stones used in a fish tank which i then trapped in silicone. Pentonville rubbers in London provided a source for a range of tactile materials, such as silicone tubing, latex sheeting, foam, and plastic sheeting. These materials provided a lot of inspiration and scope for development and experimentation.
I started by making small samples to test out colour ways, and which materials complimented each other. Using the dubied machine I trapped the foam between the beds, this created a polished look. I want to combine all my skills together in my samples, crochet, domestic and dubbed.
No comments:
Post a Comment