Saturday, 17 September 2016

Summer project

Tate modern
I liked how a broad range of materials and textures had been juxtaposed and compressed together creating a modern, man-made imitation of sedimentary rock.


Anish Kapoor's piece in the Stanley Kubrick exhibition was a multi sensory experience designed to make the viewer feel intensely uneasy, mirroring the atmosphere of Kubrick's films. I liked how this piece of art affected your whole body through its use of sound and light, even affecting the viewer's emotion and state of mind. 



The first exhibition at the Copenhagen design museum was of Japanese prints and homeware which then led to Danish furniture and textiles, which allowed you to see how the influx of Japanese art in the 19th century influenced Danish design. I liked the effective simplicity and clean lines of of the Danish furniture. There was a broad range of textiles on display including; prints, contemporary fashion designs and 18th century embroideries, providing inspiration on colours, material and silhouette.

This piece was a long tapestry with inlaid bamboo and horse hair, which was an effective use of material on a large scale. 







No comments:

Post a Comment